When you need a new school now – anywhere in the world
You know the right way to find the best school for your children when moving abroad is to do your research and plan ahead. But what happens when circumstances prevent you from preparing the way you’d like? Many expat parents find themselves in situations like these:
- You’ve been offered the promotion of a lifetime – and the only hitch is that your family will need to move overseas next week.
- You’ve identified the perfect international school for your child, but you’re 50th on the waiting list and the first day of school is just around the corner.
- You’re relocating in the middle of the school year, or relocating for a short-term assignment, or both.
- Your child is so anxious about being uprooted from his regular routines that he’s acting out in class – and your new school abroad has asked you to place him elsewhere, immediately.
How virtual education could be a last-minute lifesaver for your child
When you need a new school at the last minute, top-quality global virtual schools like Pearson Online Academy can be be a lifesaver for you and your kids. A virtual school brings the entire school experience – teachers, curriculum, learning materials and classmates – to your family wherever you are in the world. The best virtual schools are fully accredited for serving students around the globe, and offer engagingly rigorous academic programs that deliver students to the world’s top universities.
Because virtual schools operate via technology, they can adapt very quickly to the kinds of urgent circumstances expat families sometimes face. Here’s how:
- Fast enrollment: Assuming you have in-hand proof of your child’s age (such as a passport or birth certificate) and prior school record (such as a report card), you can get your child enrolled in a virtual school in 24-48 hours. At Pearson Online Academy, for example, an Admissions Advisor will expedite the process with you by phone or email, and will serve as your ongoing family coordinator after the enrollment logistics are complete.
- Extended open enrollment: Because space isn’t an issue and schedules are flexible, virtual schools have enrollment deadlines that can accommodate new students long after the school year has begun. At Pearson Online Academy, students can still enroll for first semester as late as November, and second semester admissions roll into mid-spring.
- Flexible pacing and customized course-load: Being the new kid in school is hard enough! A quality virtual program can make the transition easier by adjusting pacing and workload to give last-minute students a chance to catch up. At Pearson Online Academy, teachers work with new students and their parents to create a customized daily program of self-paced lessons and live sessions.
- A school you can take with you: Many expat families find themselves moving not just once but multiple times, starting their school search all over every time. A global virtual school can move with you, allowing continuity and excellence wherever your family goes. That’s one of the reasons quality programs like Pearson Online Academy win top marks in parent satisfaction year after year.
- Affordable tuition: Compared to similar high-quality brick-and-mortar schools, tuition at top virtual schools like Pearson Online Academy is a pleasant surprise for many expat families. You can pay via secure credit card transaction and can choose from a variety of payment plans. Be sure to ask about discounts for international enrollment and multiple children.
Virtual schools give parents and children the freedom to control their learningKathryn PittsInternational Connections Academy is now Pearson Online Academy
Take it from an expat mom faced with finding a school for her teenaged triplets in Dubai. “Virtual schools give parents and children the freedom to control their learning,” says Kathryn Pitts, whose high schoolers Jarrett, Joi and Justin attended International Connections Academy while the family traveled abroad. Having a virtual school they could bring along with them has allowed Kathryn and husband Jarrett Pitts, Sr. to say for their family: “This is a small world, why not see it all!”
Find out more about Pearson Online Academy on The Expat Directory
Sponsored article from Pearson Online Academy (formally International Connections Academy)
Im moving to Thailand from USA. My daughter will be in 7th grade next year. May i please get some informations. How much is the tuition? Is it accredited to US schools? Thank you!
Please contact the company directly – https://www.pearsononlineacademy.com/
Hello, my name is Misty and I have 3 children ages 8, 14, and 16 that i am interested in enrolling. We recently moved to mexico and I will not be able to afford private education at a bilingual school unto next year. Please let me know how to proceed
Please contact the business who wrote this article https://www.pearsononlineacademy.com/
Looking for tuition cost. Two children. Eighth grade.
Please contact the company who wrote this article for my site – here’s a quick link for you https://www.pearsononlineacademy.com/request-info/
To whom it may concern: I am a expat living in Indonesia with my 10 year son. The schools here are not up to standard as the ones in the U.S. Is your school recognizes by the U.S. educational board and what would be the cost of tuition for the school, I am retired living on my pension. Also do you accept wire transfers from a bank in the U.S. for payment. The payment would be setup to automatically sent the tuition fee at the beginning of each month. I thank you for you time and patience concerning this matter.
email address email@example.com
Please contact the school in this article directly. Thank you.
is this school accredited by the United States
Please contact the school in this article directly. Thank you.
What other online schools have got the things up? This only featured ICA.
Thank you for your question. This article features ICA because it is a sponsored article by them.
For another online education option, please read this article too from InterHigh
I am moving to Rio de Janeiro as a single mom with a fixed and disability income; SSA. Do you offer any free tuition program for my child under these circumstances?
I responded via your email on this topic.