Boarding school in the UK
This is a difficult decision for most parents. Harry Potter has inspired children and after reading the books many are excited and keen to experience the fun and excitement of boarding school, even if it isn’t Hogwarts.
A UK Boarding School provides:
- Stability of education.
- The best route to a UK university.
- Excellent learning support for children with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD etc.
- Intensive English language provision.
A UK boarding school provides an opportunity for each child to develop their full potential and is an excellent solution to ensure educational stability. This is especially important when parents move around a lot for their work.
How to choose a UK boarding school
Although schools appear similar when browsing websites or prospectuses, in reality each has a unique quality. And this is where taking expert advice becomes a necessity.
Independent UK Boarding School Advice
Sue Anderson Consultants offer free, impartial advice on choosing the best school for your child. They offer guidance on ‘what to look for’ when selecting a UK boarding school and provide a personal, recommended list of schools appropriate to each child
“As Education Consultants we have been working with overseas families, international students and boarding schools in the UK for the past 25 years. We have personally visited over 350 UK boarding schools. This first-hand experience enables us to identify what is special and unique about each school and match this with the needs of each child.”
First steps in selecting a UK boarding school
- Early planning is advisable; allow at least 18 months.
- Identify the type of educational environment that would best suit the needs of your child: single sex, co-educational, highly selective or a school for the all-rounder.
- Special requirements: EFL, Dyslexia, supported learning, medical conditions.
- Do you require the school to be in any particular area of the UK?
- Inform the present school of your intentions; the Principal will be required to write a reference.
- Have copies of school reports available.
- Be clear about if and when you are able to visit the schools selected. We advise families to visit three or four schools during term time, to ensure that you see the schools ‘in action’.
Allow your child to experience the sheer joy that comes from the belief that they can succeed, in an environment that offers independence, success, individuality, team work, self-sufficiency, lifetime friendships and confidence and achievement in a wide range of activities.
The ease and convenience of our educational service aims to make the search for the perfect school a stress free experience.
If you are considering a UK Boarding School for your child, contact the experts, Sue Anderson and her team are the education specialists when it comes to UK Boarding Schools.
“We truly understand what today’s busy, mobile parents need in order to find a compatible school for their children. With an experienced team of professionals, we are able to meet with and get to know our parents personally. This enables us to create a solid foundation for providing the best school recommendations for your consideration.”
Sponsored post by Sue Anderson Consulting
EXPAT EDUCATION: My book on choosing the right school for YOUR child overseas
Choosing the right school for your child is one of the hardest decisions you’ll make as an expat parent when moving abroad. There are many education options around for expats, and so much depends on your individual family set-up and child that there is no ‘one-school-fits-all’ solution.
Each child is different and each country’s school system is different, even within the ‘generic’ international schools. Also, families differ in their requirements and aspirations, and even relocations vary greatly. What worked well for you all in one country won’t necessarily be replicated in your next move.
It’s easy to get very stressed at this point. Don’t panic! I’ve put together this book to help you kick-start your search for the best type of school for your child.
To get instant access to the key points you need to know right now, check out my abridged version eBook here