Leaving the UK permanently? You could be entitled to a tax rebate

  • Home
  • /
  • Blog
  • /
  • Leaving the UK permanently? You could be entitled to a tax rebate

How to claim your tax rebate

Did you know there are more than 5 million Brits living abroad?

Moving abroad is challenging enough but when you’re relocating with children it can make or break even the toughest families. For this reason, it is extremely important to get your finances in order to give your family the best chance of a bright future in your new home. It might not be as exciting as sun, sea and sand however is a crucial part of the financial transition when leaving the UK.

You may never have considered your right to a tax rebate? But if you are moving abroad, or have left the UK over the past four tax years, you could be eligible to make a claim.

How do I know if I’m due tax back?

Perhaps you have emigrated to a new country in the past four years, or are looking to do so in the near future. No matter which category you fall into there is a chance to claim back your working tax rebate. This will not just happen, though. You will need to submit a claim for yourself to reap the benefits.

How much could I be entitled to?

It all depends on the amount you have earned and how much you have paid out in the working tax year. We have clients who all have different incomes and come from contrasting financial backgrounds.

“The average tax back we secure for our clients is over £900!”

Moved abroad some years ago? Don’t fret! All claims are backdated four years and you don’t have to be living in the UK to make a claim. We do however recommend you sort all finances out in advance to give you the time to adapt to a new country and way of life.

Sound’s good? Here’s what you should do next…

Don’t miss out on the chance to claim your tax rebate by following these simple steps to a brighter future for your family:

  • If you’re planning to move abroad permanently, then you need to submit a P85 to the HMRC!
  • This should follow up with a P45 or P60 certificate in accordance with your last working tax year.
  • Of course, there are various other tax related issues to consider such as pensions and overseas inheritance tax. You should prepare well in advance and make sure the HMRC has full knowledge of all your finances.

So what are you waiting for? Don’t hesitate in claiming your legitimate tax relief entitlement today.

This article was provided by the tax experts at www.taxrebateservices.co.uk. If you are looking to move abroad, claim your tax rebate today.

Sponsored article by Tax Rebate Services

Need to talk 1-1 about your move and life overseas with someone who 'gets it'? Consider me your own, personal expat expert! I'm here for you.

Your one-stop-shop for a successful life abroad

Expatability Club

An expat community and advice hub where you’ll never feel alone or unsupported. With an Expat Expert in your pocket for real-time support.

Let's stay in touch!

Subscribe to my newsletter and be first to hear news and updates from Carole.

By subscribing you also agree to receive marketing emails from Carole Hallett Mobbs. You can opt-out of these emails at any time. My full privacy policy can be seen here: Privacy Policy

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

Want some personalised advice?

Find out how I can help you make your expat life a success!